Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Zen and the Art of Lost and Found #4

4

Zen and the Art of Lost and Found

But as I give over my need to be ‘against’, my need to hide, then I will naturally merge with all that is ¾ The Way of Things.

As I began to notice that I needed to give over my fear, to something or someone … I began to notice the intrinsic problem the conundrum-of-life held. 

It was difficult to give over what I had been given as a gift in the first place.  I naturally labeled fear as bad and had set-out to avoid and evade it at all cost, but I had never considered it a friend … this was turning out to be a journey of proportions that I would never have considered at the outset.  

Considering Fear as a Gift … as a friend … 
Imagine that … a place for fear in my life … 

But first I had to deal with the rigid image I had of it, and the limitations that rigid image had on me making the journey I thought I needed to make.  Now this turned out to be a challenge that I would never had imagined. It is called surrender, by the way, and it is often confused by most with compliance … For the sake of the definition, surrender is a place where I finally give over my way of thinking and imagining to something far greater than me and then begin to deal with life as it presents itself, where as complicity is me appearing to let go of control and me appearing to do life in a surrendering fashion while I still hang on frantically to those things that I so desperately think I need for my own safety … habits or addictions.


I needed to begin to give over my dependence on me and begin to look deeper into me for life’s answers … I also needed to look past what I considered to be the contest of it all … being either special or non special … and just get on with being me … not trying to define me as an individual in terms of something or someone else or by how and what I did. 
… I could tell this was going to be work …

No comments:

Post a Comment