Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Using a recovery Plan

Using a recovery Plan
Now is the time to begin to think about specific problems or conditions; things that need to change or be improved upon. In your journal list these conditions, and create specific goals for each of the conditions or problems. Put it down on paper what you want to have happen with these problems. Note how it - they - relate to your life now. What changes can be made now; and how life would be after you made those changes. Make it happen.
Next is the action part - Just how do I plan on getting from A to B. Map it out!
What do you really have to do? Lay it out in a format. It helps to do a diagram.
Healing from co dependence is an ongoing set of circumstances and the application of new skills that are acquired over time. For some it is an ongoing process for life. It can depend on the nature and the degree of trauma abandonment issues at the core level. This statement may not be taken as disheartening or encouraging but and I stress but, it is not a reflection of you or on you. Remember our refrigerator insight.
"This is not about who I am -This is about what happened to me” and eventually it will be about what I do with life as it arrives on my door step not what it does to me on the way by.
The journey of recovery is the experience of learning how to have my feelings and not my feelings having me.  From Reactive To Responsive.  The use of a recovery plan speeds the healing process and gives you and your fellow group members and therapist useful markers and insights.
When you feel that you have completed a phase of your recovery plan know that it is necessary to share this with others in the group, during group time. It is important to ask for validation and acknowledgment for the work that you are doing and have done. It is important to ask for support for what you are about to do.
Keep the recovery plan handy. Review it a minimum of every two weeks and revise it whenever you feel it is necessary. Share all changes. Be open to suggestion and insight others have of you. When you complete a phase rewrite it. Remember most of our pain comes from being blind-sided. That is, we are struck at some level by something we don't expect or can’t see. Yet it happens over and over again. Maybe, just maybe, my fellow group members can see something about me I can't or don't want to.
Those blind spots are the places where, if I look closely

I maybe be able to see those things I need to see to gain healing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment