Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Well, I am up walking again. 
I’m heading off in the direction of the rest of my life. 
The sun is shining, the grass is green and the flowers smell wonderful. 
I’m happy with myself and I can actually say that I feel carefree, unencumbered. 
Now, I know that I have not finished with my business of making amends, but I have made a darned good start. 
It will end when it does. 
I know that now. 
I notice something else also. 
People enjoy being with me. 
Some smile at me and some twinkle a hello with their eyes. 
I am somebody and others actually acknowledge that as they pass by.
Simply being here in the first place on a wonderful day becomes very fulfilling. 
I belong.
Finally I belong.
I have noticed that we all get off track at times in our recovery processes and routines.  Do you have an example of how you got yourself off track this week and what you did to regain your balance?

So, as I sit here and ponder my journey thus far, something that James Joyce wrote comes to mind, “Mr. Duffy lived a short distance from his body.”


That leads me to think just how often I have been beside myself with anger, frustration or disappointment.  As I ponder this thought of “being beside myself” I find myself turning inwards. Then I notice “That Presence” there with me, as I notice it there with me I hear in my mind That Voice, neither male nor female, that directs me through a simple few thoughts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment