Tuesday, November 20, 2012


On Seeing Clearly
The Order of What’s Next
EXPERIENCE has taught us that we all have this place where we hide. It is a place that we need to move past if we are to heal and if we are to grow.  This healing and growth happen over time, and there does seem to be a universal recipe that needs to be followed in conjunction with a set of events, circumstances, and practices. 
First, we need to reach past our hiding place and ask for help.
Second, we need to find those other souls who have made the journey, at least in part, and join up with them.
Third, we need to listen to someone other than ourselves, and do life someone else’s way rather than only our way.
Fourth, we must be prepared to follow this new groove for the rest of our lives.  Why? Because falling back on the old ways as soon as we’re feeling better will simply undo all we have done.
Subtle Simple Truths
There was no need to be afraid of looking closely at my pain … after all; we are now only looking … the experience of it is long since passed.
That trust, truth, honesty and faith are places in our consciousness, not things that can be held onto … not something to be possessed.
None of us can change our past … it is simply what happened … and that is that.
The interesting twist on the past being our past is that God or our Higher Power was there when it all happened … whatever it wasand the past that I have is the only one I’ve got … its mine and I am stuck with owning it.
A good way for anyone to begin to heal his or her past in the present moment is simply to say:
My Past is simply: where I walked with my Higher Power … One With.
My Present is simply: Me walking with my Higher Power in the present moment … One With.
My Future is simply: where I will walk with my Higher Power … next … what a powerful concept … next … again as always … One With.
Remember, time and healing will always be the same … eternity is filled with only two things … my thoughts and time … Time as I chose to experience it … Time as I pass through it
Know this that most of us have been arrogant when we assumed that God was mistaken in His plan for us, especially when things did not go our way
Everything is exactly the way it is supposed to be; the problem is most of it does not agree with me!
With true humility we become teachable, this is a truth; because we can see ourselves reflected in everyone else and in everyplace or situation we experience.  In the metaphor, of looking into the Loving Eye Of God we can now begin to consider that it is possible to do so … actually to look into the Loving Eye Of God and see we are loved and cherished … what a concept … being loved and cherished for no other reason than we are who we are … not for what we have done … no longer the forgotten one … the one I have believed I was for all my living memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment