Sunday, May 16, 2010

On Angels


"In old days there were angels who came and took men by the hand and led them away from the city of destruction. We see no white-winged angels now. But yet men are led away from threatening destruction: a hand is put into theirs, which leads them forth gently towards a calm and bright land, so that they look no more backward; and the hand may be a little child's."
-- George Eliot, Silas Marner, p. 150

Here is a powerful phrase that many are afraid to issue out into the world to be heard by others ...

I Believe in Angels ... 

The word Angel means Messenger.

All of the world’s major religious bodies have Angels or Messengers as part of their primary point of focus in the understanding of the way of things and the ordering of the universe.

Many of us are Sunday morning spiritualists and to talk about matters of spirit and messengers from God on any day other of the week other then Sunday is a scary thing to do ... After all what will people say? What will they think? How will I be seen and the list goes on and on ...

Basic Principle of Life: Everything that exists ... absolutely everything is ... in some way shape or form ... an expression or manifestation of the One Being ... of God and Angels are the messengers of that One Being ...

These messengers deliver the Will of the One Being and the supreme message is the message of the Light ...


NDT: What impressed me about admitting and understanding that I Do Not Understanding How Things Are, is just how complex this place called life is and that I am so small and it is so immense and I am part of it all ... I got a chance to go for the ride ... Now what am I going to do with it ... Hummm







2 comments:

  1. I saw an angel when I was four. The image burned into my eyes as if I had stared into the sun. I feel gratitutde for this daily because I know I am not alone. Daily the hands of children grasp onto mine and I know I am constantly in the presence of Angels...beautiful, sad angels who love me like I love them. And I am continually greatful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True story....the same day of the post, I took one of my students shopping for a grad dress. We got to the store and I looked up to see what it was called because the last time I was there with my daughter I had forgotten to check. The name of the store? Angels and Kisses

    Cool. I love my life. This happens ALL of the time

    ReplyDelete